Monday, March 3, 2008

Double Dose Monday!


I usually update this blog during class (so studious I know), and considering I've been skipping quite a lot lately I've been a little behind. So today you're going to get a double dose! Ok, here I go...
A while ago on Etsy I discovered two great female artists in Portland. Lucia Johnson's art varies from whimsical hot air balloons to my favorites of ladies hanging out on patterned couches, all originally painted on windows, giving them a light 3 dimensional touch. Her prints are in the $20 range as well as a few mounted prints on painted boxes for around $50.
Similarly, Brenda Rose's artwork is painted on either found wood or canvas and layered with plexiglass, created a bit deeper 3 dimensional effect. I am so excited to have her artwork up at In Other Words for the month of March, so for anyone in Portland, OR, I highly recommend checking it out!

No comments: